Lifestyle is basically the behavior and daily basis characteristics or features of the individual in his different activities, job, home, society, and diet also. The way that the person can live is his or her lifestyle, now it could be either a healthy lifestyle or an unhealthy/poor lifestyle decided by his or her sleeping pattern, posture, the tendency of eating, physical activities, and so on. Your lifestyle can directly affect your health, physical as well as mental.
Effects of living an unhealthy lifestyle:
An unhealthy lifestyle includes:
- Drug abuse.
- Unhealthy diet.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Junk food.
- Alcohol consumption.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Excessive use of technology.
Nowadays most people live unhealthy lifestyles due to which the disease rate is increasing day by day. People can fatigue easily while doing any work, everyone is facing headaches nowadays all the time, because of their unhealthy lifestyle.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Joint problems.
The above problems are most common amongst the people of our society, almost 2 members of every family are facing some disease and most common are anxiety and depression which is also common in our youth too because of their sedentary lifestyle.
- Excessive use of drugs without the doctor’s permission can cause many diseases like liver failure, heart failure, mental disorder, seizures, dementia, mental confusion, and so on, it might be termed drug abuse.
- Alcohol and smoking use lead to brain problems because it can slow down our nervous activity which in turn leads to anxiety and depression.
- A sedentary lifestyle affects the quality of life by increasing the risk of obesity, heart attack, hypertension, depression, anxiety, and aging can occur earlier.
- Excessive use of computers, laptops, or mobile phones can cause nerve compression injuries, diseases like carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve impingement, and so on.
- An unhealthy diet and eating excess junk food lead to obesity and hyperlipidemia which can further lead to atherosclerosis, which in turn causes heart attack, nervous disorders, and at the end causes death.
- If you are not doing a physical activity then it will lead to the hypomobility of your joints and you can not do functional activities easily while doing work you can fatigue easily.
Effects of living a healthy lifestyle:
A healthy lifestyle includes:
- A balanced and healthy diet
- Regular exercise.
- Quit smoking.
- Quit alcohol consumption.
- Adequate sleep for about 8 hours.
- Do not use excessive drugs.
- Live in a pollution-free environment.
- As we can discuss above, smoking and alcohol use leads to anxiety, aggression, and depression too, so if you are going to avoid smoking and alcohol, the chances of mental disorders will definitely be reduced as your brain becomes normal to its activity which was reduced by alcohol.
- Healthy diet intake supplies energy as well as nutrients to your body due to which the risk of many diseases will also reduce, your skin becomes fresher and the effect of aging will also be reduced.
- Regular exercise and physical activity keep you healthy and moving. When you are doing daily exercises, the chances of diseases will be reduced, your body weight will be managed, and your brain’s health will be improved.
- Do only moderate exercise daily for a healthy lifestyle and good health, because when you do vigorous exercise daily it may cause some impairment to your body and cause fatigue. So starting with moderate exercise like daily walking, and jogging, and then moving to some vigorous exercise can be very beneficial for a healthy lifestyle.
We have to prefer a healthy lifestyle over an unhealthy one. If we do this then we will decrease the chances of disease occurrence and will be able to live a healthy, satisfactory life.
If you want to live a healthy lifestyle you have to do exercise daily, eat healthy food like fruits, meat, eggs, and so on, quit smoking and alcohol consumption, and use plenty of water to become hydrated. In this way, you protect yourself from mental and physical disorders.